I have put a small post together to try and help ease some of the fear going on in addition to the email I sent out earlier this week.
As many of us are, we're watching the evolving situation with coronavirus very closely. First and foremost, our key priority is the safety of our team members, clients, suppliers, and our direct community.
After much consideration and discussion, we believe the best immediate response for us is to strongly support social distancing initiatives.
As of start of business on Monday, 16 March 2020:
- Synx office's will be closed to clients and the team until further notice.
- Our team will continue to be available by Slack, phone, email and by video link.
- All client meetings will go ahead as scheduled, via video conferencing.
- Synx employees will be working from home indefinitely.
- We have postponed any face-to-face client appointments and events indefinitely.
- Business air travel has been suspended until further notice.
- Our staff members will not be attending large group gatherings and have decided to follow social distancing guidelines in their own personal lives.
- Where necessary, employees of our business will be quarantined and undergo mandatory testing, in line with instructions from Victoria’s Chief Health Officer and the Department of Health and Human Services.
- We have implemented daily team health check huddles (under 10 minutes) to connect over work and see how everyone is going.
- We're enacting a weekly Wine-Down on Friday's so as a team, and also as the Synx community, we can connect digitally and keep social connections alive.
We will amend and update our business activities and social distancing measures, as conditions continue to evolve. Please keep an eye on our website and social platforms for more information.
Here are some recommended tools that may help you in this time as you transition to a remote team:
- We would be crazy not to mention HubSpot, the all in one growth platform.
- Vidyard - One-to-one and one-to-many videos platform. For our team, this has been a game changer for explaining things and resolving quick issues.
- Slack - Team collaboration and chat systems, this will stop the internal email.
- Zoom - Video Conferencing
- Cradle - Digital phone systems
- Databox - Digital scorecards and analytics reporting
Those are just a few that will help.
At Synx, we recognise we are fortunate enough to be able to continue our work and provide our services remotely without much disruption. Our agency was built on cloud-based platforms and applications with the idea of being able to continue our service wherever we needed to be. In this unique time the world has found itself in, we are grateful we can continue running our business and continuing serving our customers.
Lastly we would love it if you can join us for a weekly Wine Down, a virtual happy hour to connect with each other to just have a chat and digitally connect. Each Friday at 4:30 you can login here.